Hello, yesterday we started a new card challenge on Cards in Envy. The theme this time is "Keep It Simple." Now, I know that creating cards that are flat enough to go in an envelope is pretty simple in itself but this challenge is to ask you to go even further and create a card much simpler than those you normally do. I actually ended up making two cards for this challenge as I thought the first one had a bit too much detail for a simple card and took a bit longer to make. So here we are with this one. (I'll share the other probably next week here on the blog). Anyway, if you are needing a simple make it quick card, I think the formula for this one will do the trick.
Here's what I used and how I made it:
- White cardstock for the A2 card base and for the image. I cut the image cardstock to about 3 3/8" x 4 3/8".
- Green cardstock to mat the image piece.
- Green Dot Patterned Paper from Cosmo Cricket Mini Deck (6x6) Tea for Two to mat onto the card base
- Wow! Just Saying "Happy Birthday" stamp and Wow! "Hey Little Flower" stamp to stamp both the sentiment and the flower.
- Black Tuxedo Memento Ink - For the sentiment
- Love Letter Memento Ink - For the Flower
- Peeled Paint Distress Pen (fine tip end) to draw the stem and two leaves plus dots in center of the flower
And that's it. Mat it all together and you have a "Keep it Simple" birthday card!
Please join us over on the Cards in Envy blog for this card challenge. You can enter up to 3 cards and they can be any size, any shape as long as they are flat for mailing AND fit this challenge theme. Challenge runs through March 19th.