Wednesday afternoon! After having to actually work in the office to get reports done and such for the first of the month, I finally found a bit of time to do some crafting but it has not been easy. Some days you just can't find your mojo, your crafty inspiration etc. and I really wanted to create something to share for WOW Wednesday with my LSS Cat's Creations Scrapbook in Mineral Wells, TX. Luckily I checked my email and a message from Operation Write Home was in the inbox about today's Midweek Throwdown--encouraging and challenging us to make Any Hero Cards. So with that as a new goal and the Operation Write Home Sketch for this week to work with, I created this card to send to a hero.
- OWH Sketch #131
- All of the papers, printed and solid, are from the Authentique 6x6 Bundle, Glory Collection
- Navy Blue with silver edging ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Operation Write Home Hero Arts Clear Stamps for the Stars and the "Thank You" sentiment
- Ranger Distress Ink, "Firebird"
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
- Stampin' Up Sentiment Punch
- Foam Tape
- Glory Quote: If you flip over the Authentique Glory 6x6 Bundle, you'll find on the back the quote "Glory is the Shadow of Virtue." ~ Latin Proverb. Awesome! And since it coordinates with the colors of the papers, I used it on my card.
I also worked on another card, but haven't quite finished it yet. I'm actually following an online tutorial and making a pop-up card. This one is pretty basic as I'm just trying to follow along and get the cuts in the right place. I think it will turn out cute and will share it tomorrow here in a post if I get it done. Not sure if it will fit in with any current challenges but it's okay to just share a card for fun now and then.
Well, it's after five which means it's time to fix up something for dinner and settle in to watch more of the Olympics this evening! Thanks for stopping by