For this go round on the CDAC Progressive Challenge, we received a bonus digi, which means we had TWO digis to work with for this challenge! At first I wasn't going to make the second card but then decided to play around with coloring these fantastic mushrooms and flowers (Toadstool Thicket) by Digistamps4Joy! I printed these up a bit bigger than I normally do for card images so I could play around with the coloring of them but I really liked how they turned out so I figured I might as well make a card. However, I wasn't sure what to do with the larger image. Hmmm... I decided on a square card (5.25"x5.25") and followed a Deconstructed Sketch and came up with this...
Copic Coloring List:
- Mushrooms E50, E51, E55
- Mushroom Dots YR21, YR24, YR65 and R35, R37, R39
- Sunflower Petals Y21, Y23, Y26
- Sunflower Centers E33, E35, E37
- Leaves YG01, YG03, YG63
- Grass YG93, G99
- Sky Background BG000 and Colorless Blender applied with Q-Tip (See my Copic Tips! At the top under my blog banner/header)
Here's the sketch I used, I changed the size of the card and used the rectangle image instead of the circle and moved the banner.
I've really been enjoying these progressive challenges over on CDAC (Crafter's Digital Art Center), if you haven't, you should check it out and become a member for lots of great ideas! I've also just discovered that Digistamps4Joy also has challenges, so I'm entering this card using one of their images for their current challenge. It's for Anything Goes and if the card could be sent to a man you get entered into a bonus drawing! I'm hoping they consider this lovely fall scene appropriate for a man.
Don't forget to leave a comment if you are trying to win the gift certificate from Pink Cat Studio (my October blog candy giveaway). To enter you need to leave a comment on the original post and you can find that by clicking on the blog candy badge at the right top of my blog sidebar.
Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to a Copic Big Girls Coloring workshop this evening. I wonder what we'll be making this month.
Creations Details (The Supply List):
- Papertrey Ink White Cardstock for cardbase
- Deconstructed Sketch #73
- Toadstool Thicket Digi from Digistamps4Joy
- Papers, Bo Bunny Apple Cider 6x6 Collection
- Medium Terra-Cotta & Deep Peaches and Cream Cardstock by Color-Mates
- Stampin' Up Scallop Border Punch
- Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
- "Just Because" Sentiment from Signature Greetings II by Papertrey Ink
- Buttons from my stash
- Natural String from Papertrey Ink
- Copic Markers