Romantic Portrait of a Lady Cards for Graphic 45

It is so exciting to receive a package from the Graphic 45 home office.  In December all USA Graphic 45 Designers received the newest paper collections to begin creating for the January CHA show “Creativation.”  One of those collections was the incredibly beautiful Portrait of a Lady that you’ve probably seen by now in your local scrapbook store or online or maybe you even have it in your craft studio.  For my project with this collection, I decided to create three romantic cards each with their own unique fold/design.  These are all card folds that are popular for card crafters and you can find numerous tutorial videos that show you how to fold and assemble them. These are special cards with thicker embellishments and certainly need to be hand delivered rather than sending them off in the mail.

These are being featured today on the Graphic 45 blog along with Pam’s lovely layout using this same collection.  I hope you’ll head over to read their blog post and leave a comment.  The Graphic 45 blog is a daily inspiration of fabulous projects made by the designers from all over the world. You’re sure to see something you like and want to create on your own.

Here is a closer look at each individual card with a brief description of the fold I used for each one.  First up is the Drapery Fold.  If you look at the rose print paper, you’ll notice that it is folded into pleats like drapes.  I just love this fold paired with beautiful ribbon, lace and a large rose.

The second card is a triple fold with two narrow folds on the left side and a magnetic pull piece to hold them in place.  I love using pretty paper doilies on cards like this.

The last one is an accordion or gate fold card. It is held shut with a ribbon that you tie into a bow and untie to open up the card.

Three beautiful and romantic cards created from the Portrait of a Lady collection.  We will be making a set of six Portrait of a Lady cards at my April Graphic 45 Workshop Retreat but they will be flatter and regular fold so they can easily fit in the Cardfolio we will be creating.  However, this does give you ideas on how you can add embellishments to special cards you will be hand delivering.

Happy Crafting!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

12 comments on “Romantic Portrait of a Lady Cards for Graphic 45

1. WOW! these cards are so beautiful! Love all the different elements. They are so elegant! Beautiful paper too!

2. Shelia Gray on said:

These cards are amazing…soooo beautiful!

3. Marie Powers on said:

Sandy I am thrilled to have found you on FB. I love your beautiful creations using the romantic Graphic 45 paper. I just ordered my supplies of this collection today. I hope you don’t mind if I steal some of your ideas! I will keep watching for your amazing cards.

• sandytrefger on said:

It is a wonderful compliment that you want to steal some of my ideas! Love it! And have fun with it all! ~Sandy

4. Wow, Sandy. I love, love love these cards. Each one is a mini masterpiece. TFS

5. Maggie Peterson on said:

Hi Sandy,

I just love the Portrait of a Lady papers and bought everything they had at my local craft store. Is there a way to get tutorials of your beautiful cards? I especially love the “hello beautiful” one and want to make it to send to my friend who just had a mastectomy.

Thanks,
    Maggie Peterson

• sandytrefger on said:

Hi Maggie! Thank you so much for the compliments. For this card, I only created the one and did not take any notes that I recall and the actual card is still at the Graphic 45 home office so I can’t analyze it to determine how I made it. I think I saw a card fold like it but for the life of me I can’t find it now nor any link/video in my history on the computer. I know it’s a gatefold style card but it’s a bit different. I will look to see if I have any notes as I’m packing this week to go on a crafting retreat. And if I find anything I will gladly share it with you. If I have extra time over the weekend at the retreat, I will try to re-create the fold and let you know the results. If you get the fold you can look at my finished card and pattern it/decorate it close to the same. The ribbon bow on the front does untie to open the card and it is attached on the back and I think it is held in place by another piece of patterned paper, but without the card to look at I can’t be 100% sure on that. I make so many things and made this card in December around Christmas time so my brain is sluggish on remembering but if I find something I’ll come back to you. Send me a contact message from my blog/website so I’ll have your email address and make sure to tell me which card you want to make. ~Sandy

• sandytrefger on said:

Maggie, I was able to re-construct the card and get the measurements and do a quick Snapguide tutorial using a different Graphic 45 collection but you should be able to look at my Portrait of a Lady card on my blog and make it the same way. Here’s the tutorial link: https://snapguide.com/guides/create-graphic-45-gatefold-cards/ Hope that works for you. ~Sandy

6. Stunning cards and loving those papers. Will also have to go at making that card with your tutorial 🙂 TFS

Optimization WordPress Plugins & Solutions by W3 EDGE